Workshop Text mining with I-Analyzer
Dr. Berit Janssen and Jelte van Boheemen will offer an I-Analyzer workshop on 8 November 2021 at 1.00 PM. Participants are given an overview of how text corpora are processed in order to be used in I-Analyzer, and how to search, filter and visualize results.
Please register for the workshop through this link.
The Digital Humanities Lab of Utrecht University provides support to scholars who wish to collect or analyze research material using digital methods. Since text mining of large corpora (e.g., newspaper collections) is a recurring request from scholars, the web application I-Analyzer was built. Using I-Analyzer you can perform full text searches, filter, create visualizations and export subsets for further research in the following sources:
- Dutch newspaper collection, Royal Library
- ECCO (Eighteenth Century Collections Online)
- The Times, newspaper archives 1785-2010
- The Guardian-Observer, archive 1791-2003
- Periodicals, archive 19th century
- The Throne Speech, 1814-2018
- Hebrew epigraph collection
- Annual reports (1957 – 2008) of 304 companies
This workshop will first give an overview of how we process text corpora to be used in I-Analyzer. After the overview, we will dive into a hands-on session to show how to search, filter and visualise data.
It is possible to add a document collection of your choice in I-Analyzer. If you are interested, please contact the Digital Humanites Lab.